Happy Wednesday friends! 🙂 I hope you are enjoying your week as much as I am! If not, that’s ok too..we all have those weeks! Last week I wrote a little intro about The Adventure Tog series, more about the heart behind it, and a look into what we would we chatting about this week! If you haven’t read that yet, you can see it here! This week I am talking to you about creating your business plan. Now, I don’t necessarily mean a 50 page book of your numbers and such (although you should have one!), but I am talking about a creative business plan, a business plan for the adventurous photographer!!
Stop what you are doing. Get out your favorite notebook, and your best pen (we all have one), and get ready to do some writing!! Go somewhere with no distractions, turn on your favorite Pandora playlist (I like the piano guys) and let your brain go to work! It’s time to make some lists!
1. What do you want your business to look like in 1, 5, and 10 years. Consider your personal life in this too. Will you be married? Have a family? Etc! I want you to make a point for each year (1,5, and 10) and start writing underneath them! In one year, what would you like you business to look like? What do you want to be doing that is different from what you are doing now?
2. What worked for you this past year and what didn’t? It is great to focus on the positives, but remember to USE your “failures”!! Those defeats, big or small, were HUGE lessons, and you can use them to your advantage! Make a list of the good and bad, and try to dive into as many categories as you can think of! (Ex: Marketing, Social Media, Booking Clients, Organization, Experience)
3. What is your definition of success? No really, like what would make you feel like you’ve “made it”. Once you reach it, you will want to go further, but RIGHT NOW what does that look like to you? Be honest with yourself.
4. What are 3-5 things you want to start doing more of in your business? This could be anything from marketing more and doing better on social media to better client experiences and organization!! Whatever it may be, right it down!
5. Create a goal calendar! Listen, there are so many things we wish and dream about, but how often are you actually trying to make them happen? If you are serious about taking your business to the next level, you need to be both a creative and a strategist! Write down a goal, and then write down different steps you can take to make it happen! Finally, take a calendar and write down specific things you will be doing consistently so you never miss a beat!
Next weeks post is one I am already SO excited about, because we are going to start diving into some awesome content! 🙂 Be sure to join The Adventure Tog community on Facebook so you don’t miss a single post! Also, join the newsletter HERE to get the weekly blogs (every Wednesday) straight to your inbox! 🙂
Comment below what goals you are ready to start tackling, and what you want to learn about!